You can't keep me away from Brussels sprouts now. Especially after I came upon this recipe! This roasted Brussels sprout dish stole the show at dinner. This dish includes beans, sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese, roasted onions and Brussels sprouts. You really can't go wrong with this one.
15 Brussels sprouts
1/2 red onion, chopped into big pieces
2-3 sprigs of fresh Thyme
1 can of Cannellini beans, drained
3/4 cups sun dried tomatoes
1/2 cup feta cheese, big chunks
3 Tbsp olive oil for roasting sprouts
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Wash off the Brussles sprouts and chop off a bit of the hard bottom. Cut the sprouts in half, or, if you happen upon a large sprout, cut it into quarters. Put sprouts into a mixing bowl.
3. Chop the onion into big pieces and add to bowl of sprouts.
4. Drizzle olive oil over the onions and sprouts and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and lots of pepper. Add in the freshly chopped thyme and toss with your hands to coat all of the veggies.
5. Dump the contents of the bowl into a large baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes before flipping over the sprouts to roast the other side. Once flipped bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the sprouts have a nice toasted brown color.
6. While the sprouts are in the oven, prepare the rest of the dish. In a big mixing bowl, incorporate the can of Cannellini beans, sun dried tomatoes and chunks of feta cheese. Give it a good, but gentle toss.
7. Once the sprouts come out of the oven, dump the sprouts into the bean mixture. Serve it up and dig in!