This recipe was introduced to me by my dearest Regina Fitz! She directed me to The Tasty Alternative blog. I have made this recipe over and over and I've decided it's one of the most delicious things I've eaten in a long time.
If you've been lacking on your vegetable intake recently, this dish will surely rock your taste buds and need for those veggies.
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, diced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
Sun dried tomatoes, chopped (I used about 3/4 of a jar of Italian-herbed sun dried tomatoes)
2 jars of artichoke hearts in water, chopped
1 package of Bella mushrooms, chopped in half
Handful of Basil, chopped
Handful of spinach
Salt and pepper
1/2 Tbsp Italian Herbs
A couple shakes of Oregano and Parsley
Red Chili Flakes
1 pound of grilled chicken breasts, sliced into bite sizes
4 zucchinis, SPIRALIZED!
* This recipe makes a lot! It'll easily feed 4 and then some leftovers. It reheats great, too.
1. Heat the oil in a very large skillet and throw in the minced garlic. Saute for a few minutes and get those garlic aromas going!
2. Add in the diced onion and saute for another minute or so.
3. Turn up the heat to lowish-medium-high. (Is that confusing?? Let's say about 5 o'clock on the dial.) And add the chopped sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and mushrooms.
4. Sprinkle in all the herbs: Italian herbs, Oregano, and Parsley. Add in the salt and pepper for taste.
(5. I shook in quite a bit of red chili flakes... I like things spicy!)
6. The contents will be starting to release their juices and things will smell glorious. Add in the chicken (and juices from coming off the grill if you've freshly grilled it!).
7. Toss in the freshly cut basil and spinach.
8. While everything is cooking in the pan, get out your spiralizer! and spiralize 4 zucchini's into zoodles!! (I used the smallest hole option on my spiralizer. This makes the most realistic-like noodles.)
9. Turn the heat up just a bit more and toss in all of the zoodles. Give it a good mixing, making sure all the juices and good stuff get spread all over the zoodles.
10. Place a lid on the pan and let the whole thing cook for about 5-8 minutes before serving. The zoodles will soften up a bit.
11. Eat and be amazed this is made from 100% vegetables!