Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sweetest Things


Delicious homemade fish tacos....check
Good company...check
Creative dessert idea to wow my dinner guest .... check




After my first attempt at making fish tacos one night (new and improved recipe to come), the need for an amazing dessert to round out the evening presented itself. This combination came about when I realized I had leftover buttermilk pancakes, vanilla ice cream, fruit, and chocolate. Such ingredients should not be kept apart from each other.

We've all heard of breakfast for dinner. Now why not breakfast for dessert?


one large buttermilk pancake, toasted
two scoops of vanilla bean ice cream
strawberries
blueberries
blackberries
melted dark chocolate chips


The best part was when the hot melted chocolate on top hardened into a hard crust and crunched as I broke through it with a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment