This delightful holiday appetizer combines three things I absolutely LOVE.
1. Goat cheese.
2. Pomegranate seeds.
I made this appetizer for a friend's holiday party and these things went like hot cakes! It is the perfect combination of salty and sweet, crunchy and smooth. They are also super easy to make!
(I made a double batch because of the amount of people at the party)
1 loaf of skinny-french bread roll
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut the french bread into 3/4 inch slices.
3. Brush the tops of the bread slices with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with garlic powder.
4. Bake the bread in the oven for about 5 minutes. You don't need to make them rock hard--just get a crunchy layer on top.
5. Heat up some goat cheese in the microwave until it has a nice, smooth, spreadable consistency. (Be careful not to overheat the goat cheese because it becomes inedible!)
6. Spread a small spoonful of the jelly on each piece of bread.
7. Next, spread on the goat cheese. (I liked a good amount on there)
8. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
9. Serve still warm. (But I promise they're still delicious not warm, too)