I don't think this Sunday could be any more of a perfect day. It's 73 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, and a slight breeze is ringing the wind chimes outside. It's days like these where I can't help but open the windows, turn on some country music, and bake.
I went on a search for a more filling and substantial muffin. Rather than bake another batch of my cranberry muffins for this week, I decided to try out these muffins. Because of my super healthy tendencies, I've adapted her recipe just a tad.
**Makes about 2 dozen muffins**
1 1/2 cup oats
1 1/2 cup buttermilk (I used skim milk)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
3 Tbsp molasses
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour: (1/2 cup buckwheat, 2/3 cup oat flour, 1/3 cup oat bran)
3 Tbsp ground flax seed
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup raisins
1. Put the oats and milk in a large bowl and let the oats soak in the milk for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Then, add the eggs, oil, yogurt, molasses, and vanilla.
3. In a smaller bowl combine the dry ingredients and mix.
4. Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix all together.
5. Ladle the batter out into a muffin pan.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
R2, this is mind zen #2 of the day ;)