Open the windows. Let the cool, desert air in.
Turn on a pot of coffee....
Dark chocolate chips
Makes about 15 or so medium sized pancakes
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup buckwheat flour
1/3 cup oat bran
1/3 (heaping) cup oats
1/4 toasted pecans
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp olive oil
Any fruit you want to thrown in
0. If you don't have buttermilk (like me), use the following to make your own!
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of milk
0.a Stir both the vinegar and milk together
0.b Let it sit for about 5 minutes to let it turn to "buttermilk"
1. In a big bowl combine all of the dry ingredients with a fork.
2. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and break in the egg. Give the egg a little stir.
3. Pour in the buttermilk and add the vanilla and oil.
4. Stir all together and then let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
5. Spoon batter out onto a hot, oiled griddle.
6. Add the fruit or chocolate before flipping.