Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Spring Time BBQ Salad
I've got BBQ's on the mind...
... the smell of a hot grill in the air, delicious food all around, friends to laugh with, and the always perfect Tucson spring time weather.
This is one of my go-to side dishes for any backyard BBQ. It's simple to make and so very delicious.
2 medium apples* (I used Fuji)
Basil (large handful, chopped)
Half a red onion (diced finely)
3 T olive oil
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled (or more if you're like me!)
1. Dice the cucumbers and apples into small, bite-sized pieces and toss into a large mixing bowl.
2. Chop the onion and basil and mix into the apples and cucumbers.
3. Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar over everything and give it a good toss to coat.
4. Gently mix in the feta cheese and serve cold.
* This recipe can also be made using watermelon instead of cucumbers and apples. Both are tasty options!